Ray Lampe grew up in Chicago and after high school spent 25 years in the family trucking business. In 2000 the trucking business had run its course, and it was time for Ray to try something new. He had been participating in BBQ cookoffs as a hobby since 1982, so he decided to take a leap and turn his hobby into a career. In 2000 Ray moved to Florida and began his career as an outdoor cooking expert.
Ray has written nine cookbooks and is currently working on his tenth. The most recent being “Ray Lampe’s Big Green Egg Cookbook”
In 2014 Ray Lampe was inducted into the "BBQ Hall Of Fame"
In 2017 Ray will open “Dr. BBQ’s” restaurant in Saint Petersburg, Florida
Some of the things Dr. BBQ does:
• He's an expert judge on the Food Networks "Chopped"
• He's an expert judge on “Smoked” with Myron Mixon
• He's a featured Pro-Chef on NBC's "Food Fighters"
• He's an expert Judge on the Travel Channel's "American Grilled"
• He’s a contestant on the Food Network Special “Chopped Grillmasters”
• He’s featured on the Food Network’s “Best Thing I Ever Ate”
• He’s an expert judge on the Food Networks “Tailgate Warriors with Guy Fieri”
• He travels the country as the Spokeschef for The Big Green Egg grill and smoker
• He's a spokesman for Cabo Wabo Tequila
• He's a spokesman for the Kansas City Steak Company
• He’s a spokesman for The National Pork Board
• He served as Executive Chef at Southern Hospitality BBQ in NY
• He’s cooked in over 300 BBQ contests and won over 300 awards
Dr, BBQ has appeared on:
• Food Network
• The Talk on CBS
• E! News
• The NFL Network
• The Discovery channel
• The Howard Stern Show
• Martha Stewart Living on Sirius
Dr. BBQ has been featured in:
• Sports Illustrated
• People Magazine
• Food & Wine Magazine
• USA Today
• The Wall Street Journal
• The Tampa Tribune
• Chile Pepper Magazine
• Men’s Journal Magazine
• Maxim Magazine
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival
PO Box 10010
Savannah, Georgia 31412
ph: 912-232-1223; fax: 912-236-8821
©2013 - 2016 Savannah Food & Wine Festival, Tourism Leadership Council and The AdFish Group
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is presented by the Tourism Leadership Council, a 501-(c) 6 organization, with proceeds benefiting the TLC Scholarship Fund, with educational opportunities for hospitality program students in colleges and universities in the Coastal Empire and many local charitable organizations.
Please drink responsibly when attending events at the Savannah Food & Wine Festival. DO NOT drink and drive. The life you save might be your own!
2016 OFFICIAL POSTER